It’s no surprise that women are typically the ones who are eager to plan the wedding. So once the engagement ring leaves the guy’s hand and slips onto the finger of his bride-to-be, she is more than ready to go. This often gives guys the excuse to just turn on autopilot till they reach the alter. Unfortunately, this kind of thinking leaves guys in the backseat (or sometimes not even on board) for most of the decisions about this very important and expensive day of your relationship. If you’re okay with that, then you’re probably not reading this. And since you are, we want to let you know that there are plenty of things to look forward to during this time… not dread. Let’s face it, you will be spending the rest of your life with this woman, and there will be countless decisions to be made about a variety of topics. Some will come with a more natural interest than others, but in the end you are a team. This means your best chance for success is going to come when both you and her play your very best (all the time). So, back to those 10 (and there are more) things that we feel make planning a wedding fun for the groom too!
1. Picking out your own professional DJ/Band. This is an opportunity to not just make a playlist, but have the professional you want actually play it for you “live”.
2. Free cake tasting. If you’re a sweet tooth, you’ll love eating one piece of cake after another picking out the handful of flavors for your wedding cake.
3. Designing the threads you’ll be immortalized in. Who doesn’t want to look sharp on their wedding day. This is the excuse to dress yourself well, and not let your new mommy… I mean bride do it for you.
4. Choosing a wedding day drink. If you have a favorite brand of beer, wine, whiskey… then make that the groom’s signature drink at the wedding.
5. Renting a hot ride. Most couples will need some kind of transportation at some point in their wedding, so why not take this opportunity to rent something memorable.
6. Finding a ring. There are so many options that most grooms never take the time to know about. Gone are the days of the plain old wedding band… personalize it.
7. The Bachelor Party. There virtually limitless possibilities, so go beyond the “same old, same old”.
8. Free food tasting. Now is your chance to eat some fantastic meals on your way to picking out just the right selections for your big day.
9. Taking an ultimate vacation. The honeymoon is a great excuse to take the vacation you’ve always wanted to.
10. Looking forward to introducing her as your wife. Let’s just say… it’s worth the wait.